Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fish Knitting




















I went to visit my 2 year old grand daughter in California last week. She did some pretend knitting with me...note the yarn scraps and needles in her hand.

I started knitting her a fish from a pattern I got off the Lion Brand Yarn website. It had you make three pieces and sew them together. I knit one and realized I could knit all three at once with 4 needles and not have to sew it together so I did. Forced my daughter to drive me to a fabric store for stuffing.

















                                                                                                                             Then I made another one...


















The 2 year old seems to like them...























After I left I kept knitting fish...














Made the blue one at my friend in San Francisco's kitchen table while she was working on her computer.

















Got stuck at the Milwaukee Airport for 4 hours on my way home and started fooling around with the red one and realized the three sections don't have to be the same. Then I decided they don't need to have fins to look like fish.









I am plotting a gray stingray, think I can figure out how to make it flat...

I think I am understanding knitting as never before from making these silly fish....thinking over sculptural ideas, will be interesting to see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. Nice!

    Have you seen Hansi Singh book of knitted amigurumi creatures? I have it but haven't made any of them yet. Maybe when things calm down.

    http://tinyurl.com/4qe3fnn

    ReplyDelete